Understanding the Importance of the Software Development Process
Computers have become a significant part of all our lives and have enhanced our existence in educational, professional and personal prospects. This shows that how software has evolved over the years from being just a tool to automate computing to a fully fledged complex structure to develop, test and maintain data-structure and documentation. Software is accurate, fast, and cost effective. These reasons tell why it has been playing such a tremendous role in the global markets.
Software Development life cycle faces a lot of challenges during each phase, the biggest challenge will be from where to start. Worst situations will be starting a project with new employees, who don’t have domain expertise, unproven technology and that too with a challenging deadline. Along with technical challenges any situation might hinder a software development plan and put management in a risky and terrible crisis, which not tackled well this situation might lead to – products overshooting both cost and time estimations but still ending-up in poor quality. They do not meet requirement specifications as defined by consumer and finally, lead to a business failure.
The basic challenges for software industry, which are most deserving of serious attention in the immediate future include to:
- Create the new logic for problem solving based on open-ended programming environments for high performance computer systems
- Develop a formal methodology that guides us toward the construction of correct and portable parallel programs, and adopt an openness to radical and innovative alternatives
- Design a programming language that incorporates a unifying intuitive model of parallel computation, and which provides a coherent vehicle for the natural description of parallel programs
- Devise and construct software tools that resonate with the methodology and facilitate a flexible, supportive environment
- Introduce widely available, substantial educational opportunities in parallel programming that will create a pool of individuals with the experience and intuition necessary to work effectively in this setting.