Client is USA based and serves few of the fortune 500 companies in the Insurance industry. They wished to develop a web-based product to automate insurance process. They required a system capable of managing insurance policies, claim management, risk management, incident management and Certificates of Insurance. They wanted it to be adaptive, customizable, and innovative.
The challenge was to develop the application which can be customized to cater to the needs of different organizations. They also needed adaptive functionality for report scheduling and ad hoc report generation. The system should be scalable, reliable and highly secured to protect the sensitive database.
TatvaSoft provided a web-based solution using Microsoft Technology (Microsoft .NET and Microsoft SQL Server, InfoPath) with following features:
- Manage all types of policies, broker and carrier information
- Enlist Policy details covering lines of businesses and cost centers.
- A detailed description of a policy covering damages due to fire, flood, and wind.
- Add new claims for the policy covering business lines like worker compensation, auto liability, general liability, executive risk etc.
- Search policy claims based on the details such as claimant, driver, Date of the accident, reporting date etc.
- Helps to schedule payment.
- Easy vendor set up as claims are assigned to particular diaries for vendors.
- Maintain insurance documents along with attachments or notes added to the insurance policy.
- The claimant can receive emails for insurance letters and other related documents. Same emails can be forwarded to the insurance company too.
- Report Module for Generation of policy summary report, claim summary report, ad-hoc report generation depending on the mentioned criteria like coverage letter and set output fields. This establishes the feature of Customized reporting and data analysis.
- View and export to excel/pdf user security rights report
- Maintain risk profiles to claim insurance policies
- Manage and maintain insurance details which are relevant to the claims
- Manage the incident details, claimed equipment and settlement
Claims Management application we developed covers functional requirements for client. Client is serving this product to fortune 500 companies who are highly satisfied with the outcome. It has helped them in following way.
- This product is capable of consolidating insurance related information at a single place
- Manage and maintain risk profiles to claim insurance policies effectively
- Helps to monitor and control the cost of risk
- Customizable Reports have helped them to get the right information at the right time.
- Auto scheduling functionality for the report is easier than manual process.
The success of the application has helped the client to build good customer-base.
- Database : Microsoft SQL Server
- External Tools or Components : Fusion Charts