Client is based in Brazil and it is the largest independent operator of hospitals and has opened various maternity specialist hospitals. It is also running a special project which brings all the aspects of cancer such as its diagnosis, prevention, treatment under one roof. It has recently introduced radiation therapy for the treatment of cancer.
Client wished to create a website that would provide a platform for cancer patients to get help and suggestion from supporters or from people who have survived cancer. Blogs and discussion forums available on the website allows people to share their experiences with each other and provide a friendly shoulder to those who are suffering from cancer.
"Cure Cancer" has a wide range of goal and objectives out of which the prime considerations are listed below:
- People from various countries can share their experiences such as prevention needed or medicines for cancer that can be used.
- Through this website it will be easy for people to find others who are suffering from the same disease as theirs and thus get help from them.
- Secure login to users profile for accessing the contents of the website and option to set visibility for their posts.
- Strategic Integration with Facebook and Twitter.
TatvaSoft developed a website "Cure Cancer" for the above purpose. It offered following features which include:
- Community: It consists of the list of people who are survivors, fighters and supporters of cancer. Option to filter result based on age, sex, year in which cancer was diagnosed and type of cancer.
- Discussion: Forum that allows the user to ask questions. The user can reply to the queries of others or read the replies given by others.
- Options to search for previous discussions.
- Blog: Users can post their experiences including how they dealt with cancer and the medicines, precautions that are needed to be taken.
- Resources/Treatment: Treatments and the type of treatments that were or are undertaken by the user for the cure of cancer. Also, user can provide the treatments that can be taken during cancer.
- My Circle: User can create a group of people close to the user and can control posts that are to be shown to the circle only. Other users will have the option to add new posts and option to view/ search posts submitted by other users.
- My Favourites: Contains the list of posts that are selected by the user as a favourite.
- Profile: Allows the user to maintain their own profile.
- History/Newspaper: Provides the list of all the posts earlier posted by logged in user. Logged in user can search and download these posts for their reference
- Various content based pages such as About Us, Contact us giving basic information about the website
- Administrator will check content uploaded on the website for general quality and accuracy of content.
- Administrator will manage users, news, discussion, blog and master details
- Multilingual support - Portuguese, Spanish, English
- Users can find the latest updates from the website in the form of the new users who joined the website, new posts, new blog articles and etc.
TatvaSoft developed the required website and client was able to provide a platform for cancer patients from all over the world to share their experiences related to cancer. The website also acted as a medium where supporters and survivors of cancer could provide a ray of hope to those suffering from cancer. Also, various precautions and treatments can be discussed through the website which gives hope to the cancer victim and relieves him from immense stress.
- Server : Linux Server
- Application Server : Apache
- Programming Language : PHP, CodeIgniter
- Database : MySQL