Emergency Dispatch Guide
Client wished to create a highly complex as well as software-as-a-service based web application for unions associated with maritime industry from different parts of the globe. The aim was to provide Accessible, Actionable & One touch scheduling and communication facility in a single tool.
The goal was to create an intelligent web application which stores as well as displays live RSS job feeds available and schedule to member(s)/group(s) as per their schedule port facility and also notify them about their scheduled job. And online archive of daily/weekly/monthly scheduling history:
- A live facilities update displays current job: filled and available – in real time
- One touch communication through text message on cell phone and email on mobile and personal computer.
- Work-history web page for each member on local's website.
- Easily accessible by anyone and anytime from any part of the world
TatvaSoft built an exemplary scheduling tool which allows unions to reduce scheduling calls by 75%; document storage by 90%.
- Split screen scheduler allows dispatchers to schedule local members with a simple, robust web based application with drag-and-drop functionality.
- A personal web page for each member to list current job assignments for one or five days.
- Member Login can be used by individual registered members.
- Communicate with union members through SMS text message to cell phones and Email to their Mobile or personal computer.
- Daily job schedule displayed on member’s personal web page.
- Live facilities update displays real-time job scheduling on union website.
- Bulletins on website communicate member availability and job status
- System accepts member availability roaster in editable seniority/group order.
- Dispatcher can build and schedule a facility, using a convenient drop down menu, pre- loaded with the names of local stevedoring companies and terminals
- System allows customized data fields for local names, locations and hiring rules.
- Pre-Built facilities with existing job profiles, terminals and stevedoring companies can be saved, reused and repopulated.
- An archival of scheduled jobs for 36 month
After the launch of this software as-a-service scheduling application, our client was able to join hands with many of the unions in maritime industry to provide them access to this system, which helped all of them get live schedule job feeds of their members as per the rules/filters Set by them.
- Split screen scheduler with drag-and –drop functionality.
- 100% web based with facility of archival of scheduled jobs.
- Real time cloud backup with on-site data storage.
- Reduces scheduling calls by 75% and document storage by 90%.
- Communicate with members through four lightning-fast SMS algorithm.
- One-touch text messaging feature, also allow dispatcher to send an email or text message to one union member, specific member group or the entire membership.
- Job scheduler has live, RSS feed to union website
Tools and Technologies
- Development Platform: Microsoft Visual Studio
- Technology: Microsoft ASP.NET Framework
- Database: Microsoft SQL Server
- Server/Cloud: Microsoft Azure