Our USA based client required us to develop business solution targeting ACCOUNTING department of service-based industries. This solution was intended for the service based organization for budgeting, forecasting and managing accounting data.
- To provide online, SharePoint based solution for calculating the service based costing and budgeting from the Invoices, General Ledger, ELA and forecast the future costing model for the services.
- To help decision maker to see current costing of the services and help to make the future decision for the services.
- To provide the solution that can dynamically change the calculation and other effects based on business rules.
TatvaSoft came up with a solution for Finance Industry based on Microsoft SharePoint product family that was extremely useful and efficient with following features:
- User management and role management facility for access right of the system.
- Provide facility to system admin for managing a number of configuration data and service detail such as domains, locations, services, service components, service activities, cost components, data center, and vendor supplier.
- Services: Allows authorized user to manage services. User can add new service and mention the Effective Usable capacity, which is used in the calculation of the cost.
- Activity Management: Allows authorized user to manage different activity of services that are helpful to calculate people cost.
- Asset Management: Allows authorized user to manage asset data with raw information. This information is used in the calculation of cost.
- Invoice Management: Allows authorized user to upload and manage invoice of the organization. System validates the file and uploads it on the server after successful validation. This module allows viewing and changing the total amount of invoice that could effect on the account.
- General Ledger: Allows authorized user to upload different General Ledger for accounting purpose.
- ELA (Enterprise Level Agreement): Authorized user can upload ELA that is used to manage the cost related to software drivers.
- Map Cost: This processing step allows the user to map the invoice with the service, service components, and assets.
- Cost Calculation: System calculates total cost based on mapping of invoice items with services, service component, and asset with the capacity.
- Recalibration: Recalibration process is executed based on the current values of the service and the actual GL details uploaded by the user. System takes the value of the current period and finds the variance and distributes it in the invoice items. So the cost gets reflected and cost is set according to GL.
- Service Budget Report: This report shows final budget cost report for the driver for different service after recalibration for different months.
- A user friendly and secured application to better manage the financial documents.
- Easy to baseline service cost and generate service budgets.
- Easy mapping of accounting statements with service cost resulted in improved decision making process.
- Web Server : Microsoft Office SharePoint Server
- Technology : Microsoft SharePoint, C#
- Database : Microsoft SQL Server