Visitors Sign-In System
One of our valuable client from Australia faced a critical system crash issue in their Visitors SignIn product. TatvaSoft did Performance testing on client’s product and successfully identified the root cause of the crash to improve system performance and increase productivity.
The client is a leading Visitors SignIn solutions provider across different industries based in Australia. Several organizations have used their product to collect sign-in data to track and monitor their customers, attendees, visitors, students and many others data from Web and Mobile applications.
The client experienced severe user load in their SignIn system every day. Due to this, system crashed immediately after Admin logged in the system. The client wanted to check their product against severe user loads to identify the root cause of the crash. They aim to stress their Web application for Normal and Admin user login and Mobile REpresentational State Transfer (REST) based application to execute 2500 simultaneous user load on the system to check the crash issue.
Major challenges faced by the client were:
- Simulate critical performance intensive scenarios related to filling up Forms using dynamic data
- Maintain sessions across web pages post login
- REST API to hit web services and some intense write operations in their application
- Perform several test scenarios across the product to identify the root cause of the system crash
TatvaSoft focused on identifying the root cause of system crash and performance improvement. A root cause analysis was conducted to understand the present state of the system. A thorough performance testing involving Stress, Load, Volume and Endurance testing scenarios was conducted on the application server and database.
This testing approach sent a robotic request without involving manual intervention and training time.
TatvaSoft used Apache JMeter to conduct stress testing on the system. This allowed the client to verify their application server and database process so they can perform better and faster.
The outcome was positive that fulfilled the objectives of the client, including:
Application Level: Analysed embedded resource like Java-script and CSS file code and removed unused code. All images were optimized without compromising quality.
Pagination: Added pagination navigation feature in the system where the data are divided into different pages. This has reduced the overall page load time, resolved session out and script failure issues.
Database Level: The Query, Schema and Stored Procedure works fine and doesn’t make an entry in the wrong tables and also investigate unnecessary DB Calls.
Volume Testing: Facility to ensure the maximum number of users are configured under Users setting to ensure that the database do not collapse during Volume Testing.
Server Level: Opens maximum connection as much as possible to serve more users and reduce risk of ‘Server down’. Also check server gets free after each iteration (Release memory).
- Performance testing detected errors of embedded resource and fixed them. The code is also optimized. All unused codes are removed so that the application gets lighter than earlier.
- More users are served than before, meaning more business opportunity.
- 35% improvement in the response time - Tuned performance of certain operations, and queries to bring over 45% improvement in response time.
- Reduces overall testing time by entering data using an automated script. Complete performance testing is achieved overnight prior to any major release. This has reduced the overall time for the testing life cycle.
- Automated testing helps to resolve Bottleneck issues. Ensures capability to benchmark performance enhancements.
- Client is able to plan for increasing resources based on the performance data.
- Based on monitoring data captured during performance tests, the client is able to determine the monitoring thresholds.
- Web and Mobile application can run faster than before because Response time has decreased after tuning.
- Platform: Apache jMeter (Open source)
- Testing Technique: Distributed Testing technique
- Reporting Tool: Excel for Tabular report, Graph for Graphical representation