Our client is a leading cloud-based web application provider based in California, USA. The client develops innovative apps catering to users from diverse industries. The client aimed to develop an application that boosts students’ performance during school and at home. They wanted to develop an app that would keep students, teachers and parents updated with the progress of the student, his/her homework status, attendance via visual snapshot, behaviour, and subject progress reports.
This web-based application was intended for the teachers and their management to track all the homework, replacing an existing paper planner system. Students and parents are expected to regularly check the app for new messages, homework tasks, and student achievement updates.
Key challenges of the project were:
- To communicate seamlessly between existing SIMS software and our platform.
- To process integration of school data with SIMS software and link up with our platform
- To efficiently synchronize data during school time
- To instantly notify and broadcast important news
- Parental control of student activity
Tools & Technology
PHP • Laravel • Angular • Cordova • Linux • Nginx • MySQL
TatvaSoft developed a planning and scheduling web app using the latest technologies like Angular and PHP to efficiently manage homework, appointment, messaging, and analytics through a school planner system with the following features listed below:
Teachers can set homework and students will be notified about homework. Students can access their homework and supplementary resources and rate resource quality. Teachers can download and evaluate the assignments.
Messages & communication
Teachers can broadcast messages when some important activity is to be done by the students e.g. new homework, homework reminder, homework feedback. Portal allows private chat messages.
School admin can view all class/student specific reports, submissions and evaluations along with the last active date on the web platform. Users have an option to download reports to access their performance of a specific class.
Schools can send appointment schedules to students and parents regarding the discussion of student performance or specific things that would be discussed between student, parents, and teacher.
Students can access time-table of the entire month prior to the commencement of that month which provides them with information regarding pre-readings, specific topics and subjects.
Parent access and control
The school can allow guardians to log in and access the profile of the student so that they can track his/her progress.
Ability to upload student & parent lists, timetables, and notification if MIS/SIS integration is not supported via third-party tools along with management rights for school, teacher, student, classes.
The payment module offers different plans for school with a free trial. Auto-renewal, payment reminder emails and many mores features.
The US-based client successfully delivered the web application to the educational institutes and the client-generated higher revenue and multiple associations with different schools. By taking advantage of TatvaSoft’s web and mobile app development services, the client saw a surge in their customer base. There were multiple added benefits such as
- It reduced school photocopying and messaging budgets which is beneficial for the environment.
- Parents can take the help of the teacher after school if a student has special educational needs.
- Students will be motivated to perform better through rating and review features.
- Parents can see and monitor the progress of the child remotely which is time-saving and effective.
- Schools can now have a better overview of student and teacher performance.