Our client is a leading public sector company functioning for multiple cases of state and counties and their legal associations. Managing multiple legal cases and their bonds with a multitude of prosecutors was a laborious task for our client. With a suitable agenda of accessing information through a common source, the client decided to develop a cloud-based product that automates the entire legal cases and their management, and the status of each case of the prosecutors.
The developed application needs to have strong capabilities of statistical analysis to inform each office and its officials the best information to conduct prosecution services. The most critical challenge faced during the development phase was to build a cloud-based solution that incorporates all the features available only on the desktop version and concurrently develop the mirror application for the existing desktop application.
The Key Challenges of the project were:
- To develop a Cloud-based system with top-notch look, feel, and functionalities for windows.
- To develop a single-window solution for each case and prosecutors.
- Special features that can be easily adopted and maintained by Power users.
- Efficient document management with all industry standardized tactics and storage access.
- Inability to generate dynamic reports or build a platform with a robust SQL query builder that allows the user to design and generate the report on the fly.
- Unable to generate multiple documents in a single process and automate workflow which can send these documents over emails.
- Unable to transform paper-based process to Digitalization
- Unable to integrate Westlaw Management, eFiling services in the existing system
Tools & Technology
ASP.Net • C# • Aspose.Words.dll • AJAX • SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Service) • Microsoft SQL Server • Windows Server • Internet Information Server
After thoughtful considerations about client distinct needs, TatvaSoft developed a fully integrated and complete business solution using Microsoft Technology (Microsoft .NET and SQL Server, Crystal Reports) enabling the following features:
- Created a Cloud-based system with exclusive look, feel, and functionalities for windows
- Document Management & Generation using Azure, SharePoint, or Filesystem.
- Microsoft Word Mail Merge function to easily generate documents for one case or multiple cases at the same time
- Case and charge management
- A powerful relational database for all-inclusive case tracking and reporting
- In-built TWAIN-compliant web-based scanning and optical character recognition (OCR) skills
- Generate appointments and tasks based on rules provided
- Automated the generic manual workflow
- Added GUI mirroring for desktop application
- Facility to use mouse key, function key, and Keyboard shortcuts
- Dynamic Scrollable Grid which only loads data which is only required.
- All case information can be viewed on non-scrolling screen
- Provide victim advocate access to all case information and easy tracking services about the victim of that crime.
- Planned to update a docket with upcoming proceedings without searching for each individual case
- Electronic Arrest/Referral Transfers and Restitution
- Customized dashboard per user they can place their required widgets in the dashboard
- Victim Service based text notification provided to send a text notification to user
- Worksheet integration into the dashboard.
- Role-based authentication to provide very deep rights per user.
- Generate all the statically from this cloud-based platform and their maintenance reports.
Legal data about crimes, prosecutors, and their cases were sensitive information that needs to be maintained without any data breaches. The client trusted TatvaSoft and allowed us to create a platform addressing such sensitive information. With the utmost integrity and security, TatvaSoft created this cloud-based solution for our client- the government agency. This application helped them reap multiple benefits such as
- Significantly improved the communication and workflow between two separate physical locations by providing one integrated system
- Our reliable, resilient, and robust system offers almost all the functionalities required to automate the entire process.
- Easy data conversion from legacy systems.
- Improved Docket control and the ability to track judgment passed on cases based upon crime categories and the prosecutor assigned.
- Customizable Reports as per user needs
- Make most of the processes automated and paperless.