Our Australia based client is a renowned healthcare service provider in maintaining information about patients and their human organs and tissues in the hospital’s legacy database system. The Client faced issues in matching and ensuring the best possible fit for the organ or tissue to be donated. During this donation process, their legacy system was challenged with multiple issues such as unfriendly platform, non-scalable, underperforming features, and complex maintainability. Therefore, the client was looking to develop a new application that is scalable, user-friendly, improved performance, more resilient, and easy to maintain for healthcare companies.
Key challenges of the project were:
- To simplify the architectural design so as to make it scalable, easily maintainable, and secure.
- To securely store large amounts of data and make it accessible to meet the performance criteria.
- To enhance data quality and improve accuracy
- To develop various reports for better visualization of data and its processing within the application.
- To audit and validate erroneous data so that it does not lead to the mismatch of human organs or tissues.
Tools & Technology
Considering the criticality of the project on conforming the best match to human organs or tissue, we developed it meticulously. This application was meant to capture accurate data of human organs and tissue. We bifurcated the process into two steps.
- First is to collect information related to a donor and the second step is the retrieval process of organs from the donor.
- Along with the organ donation process, this application will also maintain records of tissues donated by a living or deceased donor
Key Features of the application
Deceased Donation Module
This module is further divided into two parts as below, i.e. Deceased Referral and Musculoskeletal & Skin Donors.
Living Donation Program
This independent module is an integrated part of the Tissue Banks Database and is further divided into four major sub-modules.
With TatvaSoft’s Solution, the client was able to leverage the majority of benefits and privileges. Our service offering is robust and well-structured to perform the donation process accurately of human organs and tissues. The process has become much simpler to store, maintain, and evaluate generated data securely and develop reports for further analysis and tracking.
A new intranet-led platform lifted the overall performance of the healthcare company by maintaining data on a centralized unit, improving readability and auditing that delivered productivity, return on investment, and accelerated processes.