Our client is located in the Greater Toronto area, central to all ground and air hubs of Canada. The client has around 210,000 square feet state-of-the-art warehouse facility that was custom designed and built-in 2001. They are continuously enhancing the warehouse with the latest equipment and storage systems. Later, they also expanded their warehouse with an additional 60,000 square feet facility to upscale their business with changing demands of the market and customers.
The client’s core marketing support services encompass the full spectrum of fulfillment, distribution, and call center management. The client mainly offers the following services to its customers.
Clients have proven software & state-of-the-art warehouse facilities ensure that your inventory is properly managed and meets our different client needs.
The client has positioned itself to execute traditional marketing programs while still embracing the electronic revolution.
The client has an in-house Call Center that provides bilingual Customer Relationship Management for both technical support and customer care.
After all these facilities and offerings, the client wanted to develop a web-based application that provides effective project management in warehousing management, marketing services, and customer management. It should include live tracking of the shipment from the warehouse to the customers with every single shipment notification. It also includes inventory charts and reports, bin management, document management, and scanning of inventory with barcode or unique code generation.
The primary goals that the client wanted to accomplish are
- Ability to manage a diverse business process and rapidly customize the offerings as per the client’s needs.
- Offers robust order processing alternatives that include a fully integrated web-based catalog to process your B2B or B2C transactions. Added credit card processing, cash management, and data warehousing to achieve a comprehensive e-commerce solution.
- Develop a system that provides order management, warehouse process management, accounting facilities, bulk import of data into the system, manages some sub-projects like Shop Cart, API Project, etc.
- The dashboard of the project provides the progress of related orders and graphical charts.
- Provide some dynamic report facility by which admin can see different reports based on different filters.
- Empower the warehouse manager by providing bin, pallet, and shipping pick management facilities.
- With billing facilities, it makes easy monthly payments of large orders from the headquarters of customers.
- Support customers by making it easy to import their bulk of data into the system by excel import facility.
Tools & Technology
Microsoft .NET • MVC • JQuery • Web Forms(C#) • Microsoft SQL Server • Crystal Report • IIS • RDLC
TatvaSoft provided a web-based business solution to our Canadain client and our team of tech-specialists developed to better manage all the warehouse details and customer information of Client.
Some of the salient features of the application are
This module provides customers to add/update different information related to charges, billing, shipping, users, freights, etc. The client has multiple users to use the system based on user roles and groups.
User & Roles Management
This module provides to add/update a list of users under one customer with the basic information of the user and security details related to access to the system based on roles.
The Client is mainly a warehouse management system that also has bin management to manage the extra stocks of the warehouse. With this functionality, the client can efficiently manage all the information like row, height, depth, sub bin, pick a priority, status of the bin, etc. It will also search which inventory is located in which particular bin.
This module will maintain inventory information customer wise. Inventory can be added manually or it can be added in the system by importing from excel. Users can add/update inventory images using API and image import facility. Also, users can maintain the units of measurement, kits/groups.
This module refers to the address of the item to be shipped. This contains all the information like a contact name, shipping address, contact number, etc.
When the order comes it is available in shipping. It has information related items under the order, charges, freight, and label, tracking information, payment information, etc. This module also has print packing and picking slips for printing.
When an order is ready to pick, users can update information for that particular order like how many pieces are picked from which inventory, from which bin. It is fully supported by a barcode scanner for ease of operations.
When we don’t have inventory in our warehouse then we have to order it and store it in our warehouse, that order is called receiving. This module also has a facility of pallet management.
After receiving all inventories related to receiving an order we can arrange those to bins and those bins were arranged into pallets. After arrangements, we can stock the pallet into the warehouse and it is fully supported by a barcode scanner for ease of operations.
This module has a facility to transfer inventory from one bin to another for some purpose. It saves all information related to transfer and also checks bin size and capacity.
This module will track all the shipments when shipped so users can manage all the information related to the supplier, ship-to address, weight, date, and time.
Information dashboard that provides real-time information about shipped orders, processing orders, invoiced orders, open orders, stocked orders, open orders, etc. Also, it displays a graphical representation of data related to Revenue, Sales, and Inventory.
This module manages the accounting and facilitates the calculation of monthly inventory invoice summary, monthly inventory invoice detail, etc. It also has the functionality to print that invoice.
This module contains detailed information and reports of inventory, shipping, receiving, bin, pallet, etc in RDLC as well as Crystal Report. Some of the reports contain a barcode so it's easy to scan that particular item and store it on the portal. All the reports have print functionality as well.
Our client trusted our potential and skills on the application development and with the successful collaboration with TatvaSoft, the client was able to be advantageous for
- Improved and enhanced customer satisfaction
- Offers better flexibility by allowing users to map their strategy to accomplish the project.
- Reduced inbound Transparent costs
- Reduced Safety Stock costs
- Aggregation of all the facilities on a single platform with simplified usage