Our client is a leading self-served Film Distribution company based out in the USA. Their prime focus is to develop value-oriented solutions to allow the Filmmakers to distribute their film and even sell and rent them to their customers. The distribution services support various platforms like Netflix, Google Play Store, Amazon, iTunes, and much more.
The client is from the Media & Entertainment industry who desired to streamline the workflow of their existing ecosystem. Thus, decided to create a platform that will help filmmakers to channelize their work and offer the best to their audiences. They faced challenges in maintaining their filmmaker’s order details by obeying a traditional method which isn’t simple always. The filmmakers also faced challenges while uploading 100 GB media files and were required to follow the repetitive process after getting a connection error or termination of a running process. Also, the process was manual, so the client wanted to expedite the process by automating the web-based solution.
The client faced some key challenges during the implementation of the project such as
- Unable to create a single, streamlined Order Processing platform for digital media distribution
- Develop a system to support all major media and assets format
- Manage title and additional movie-related data and asset requirements dynamically based on various platforms and territories
- Check the media files and verify that it satisfies the requirements
- To develop a system that allows the uploading of media assets of more than 100GB size
- To create a centralized financial model to view sales and other financial information from different platforms
- Searching/aggregating large volume of records for generating dashboard data
Tools & Technology
MVC • Angular • Protector • Microsoft BizTalk Server • Visual Studio • VS Code • Microsoft SQL Server • Amazon Web Server • SQL • BizTalk Orchestration • ElasticSearch • Bonita • AWS S3 • Reach Engine • PING • RabbitMQ
TatvaSoft developed a web portal that streamlined the method of filmmaker’s film distribution across different platforms and territories. It allowed managing of film titles, assets, services, sites, and orders. All major platforms are supported, including iTunes, Netflix, Google Play store, and others. TatvaSoft offered a streamlined web portal to collect huge data of the filmmakers and also serve them with prompt support. It also uses the BizTalk server to read financial data provided through various channels like FTP transfer and Email and dump those raw data in the database.
The application also has inbuilt web crawlers to fetch data from various websites and dump them in other databases.
The Security module identifies users of various Portal applications and their roles so that they can be presented with appropriate data visibility and capabilities.
The Asset acquisition modules deal with how media is brought into a platform, identified against customer metadata, and qualified as a deliverable asset.
Mastering and Finalization
This module is responsible for both - it must engage both computers and humans to review media content for issues and log problems found, route tasks to mastering to resolve issues if possible, and route Source Request tasks if the source cannot be corrected.
Long-term preservation gives the platform an ever-growing library of content with which to fulfill customer needs.
Title Metadata Curation
Title metadata is often just as imperative for order fulfillment as media and platforms strive to maintain the largest, most accurate title database in the world. Elastic search used to handle a large volume of data through queries.
The Order Fulfilment module is for the creation and management of these orders, determining prerequisite work in order to fulfill, start other processes to complete those prerequisites, starting and monitoring the actual delivery process, and handling issues as they arise.
Source Spec Management
Source Spec Management gives the platform a crucial link between assets, orders, and service requirements.
This module helps in order to keep their operations running at a high level, prioritize backlogs to meet immediate demands, and proactively address issues.
The financial dashboard provides a transparent view of revenue from different distribution retailers.
TatvaSoft crafted a scalable unique web portal that provides smooth order processing of digital content in less time with effective customer support. The client has been able to achieve multiple benefits such as
- Streamlined business processes
- Increased client’s operational efficiency
- Expanded volume and enhanced business outreach
- Able to procure other perks like automated and emphasized process management, quick and graceful changes adaptability
- Easy maintainability and uploading of large size files, multilingual support, and complete control over distribution strategy.