Angular has been making an audacious change among businesses with the variety of applications it is capable of developing. If we were to guess who is behind developing robust web applications and helps in business productivity enhancements then the answer is the Angular developers. They make this framework take the shape of an actual application with fully functional features and functionalities. Hence, if you see an Angular development company, they are very specific on whom to hire for their app development process. For the freshly brewed novice candidates as well as the experienced ones, there is an equal need for both these types of developers if they know how to deliver results. For better understanding and screening, we have designed a set of questionnaires of the most often requested Angular interview questions and answers to familiarize you with the types of Angular interview questions.
These basic angular interview questions can be asked by interviewers to the potential candidates in their job interviews and also these questions will help many developers who are selected for onsite project development. With our understanding and best practices for Angular development, we have covered all regularly requested basic and advanced Angular interview questions and answers in this collection of Angular interview questions to assist developers to effortlessly pass their job interview.
Table of Content
- What is Angular? Why was Angular Introduced Into The Market as a Client-Side Framework?
- Which is The Latest Version of Angular and What are The Key Differentiating Factors?
- What are The Components in Angular?
- What are Some of The Advantages of Angularjs Over Other Frameworks?
- What is AOT Compilation? What are The Advantages of AOT?
- Explain What is String Interpolation and Property Binding in Angular?
- Explain The Concept of Dependency Injection?
- Explain What is MVVM Architecture?
- List Out Differences Between AngularJS and Angular
- Explain What is The Difference Between Angular and Backbone.js?
1. What is Angular? Why was Angular introduced into the Market as a Client-Side Framework?
If we go by the stats then, there are around 1.2 million Angular developers working on different technologies at the moment. With over 12K contributors, Angular is also one of the most popular open source frameworks. Also, the majority of developers would know this for a fact that Angular is an open-source typescript framework used to develop Single Page application/s. Angular uses HTML and typescripts libraries to develop these applications. Angular components are built around reusable, shareable components, such as RESTful APIs for connecting to old systems, databases, and apps.
2. Which is the Latest Version of Angular and What are the Key Differentiating Factors?
3. What are the Components in Angular?
In this framework, the components are organized into NG modules and this module collects necessary information and converts it into functional sets into a defined set of Ng modules. There is a root module that initiates bootstrapping. These components also have classes which are known as decorators and then there are metadatas, application components and others.
4. What are Some of the Advantages of Angularjs over other Frameworks?
The Angular framework has a noteworthy contribution in the developers community. Some of the most popular advantages of Angular are listed here:
- MVC architecture – We know that Angular is an MVC framework and it expresses a clear belief about how the application should be constructed. This architecture also supports bi-directional data flow and refreshes the actual DOM.
- Ng Modules: As we discussed, modules are another essential part of Angular. It is made up of many design patterns like components, directives, pipelines, and services that aid in the construction of applications.
- Dependency injection: This functionality enables developers to quickly work with components that are dependent on other components.
- Other general benefits include clean and manageable code, unit testing, reusable components, data binding, and a responsive experience that is second to none.
5. What is AOT compilation? What are the advantages of AOT?
For AOT, angular supports two types of compilation:
- JIT (Just-in-Time) compilation: Here the program is built within the browser while it is running.
- AOT (Ahead-of-Time)- Here the compilation occurs before the application is built.
The advantages of being ahead of time in the compilation process are
Less errors: The errors are easily detected and handled throughout the construction phase.
Enhanced Security: Before an application runs in the browser, the AOT compiler inserts HTML and templates into the JS files, eliminating the need to read additional HTML files and thereby improving application security.
Faster results- As the program is built before running within the browser, the browser loads the executable code and renders it promptly.
Minimal Ajax Requests: Just because the compiler provides the external HTML and CSS files together with the application. Thus, you can send separate AJAX requests for those source files and reduce the AJAX request count to only the necessary ones.
6. Explain What is String Interpolation and Property Binding in Angular?
Say for instance if you want to store data, then you can store data as
7. Explain the Concept of Dependency Injection?
If you want to get selected for your dream job, the key to it is to know every little concept of Angular framework. Dependency injection is one of the key aspects in Angular. Also sometimes known as DI, is a software design paradigm that addresses how code obtains its dependencies. The operation “config” uses dependency injection to get aspects of the application that must be configured when the module is loaded.
In the dependency injection there are majorly three ways of handling dependencies.
- The first way is to initiate the use of a new operator
- Another way is to determine it by keeping a global reference value.
- The last way is to move the data to the place where it is needed the most.
8. Explain What is MVVM Architecture?
The MVVM design is important in removing tight coupling between components. This architecture is made up of three parts:
A model is a representation of the business logic and data of a certain application. To put it another way, it is made up of entity structures. The model contains the business logic, as well as model classes, remote and local data sources, and the repository.
The view is the visible layer of the program that contains the UI code. The action of the user is delivered to the ViewModel through the view. It does not, however, receive a direct answer. To receive a response, the view must subscribe to the ViewModel’s observables.
ViewModel: The View Model is the application’s abstract layer that links and functions as a bridge between the View and the Model. It has no idea which View should be used because it does not have direct access to the View. The two are linked through data binding, and the ViewModel records any changes made to the View and makes the required modifications to the Model.
9. List Out Differences Between AngularJS and Angular
Angular technology has a spinoff effect on business development strategy. But there is always this confusion between AngularJS and Angular framework which needs to be differentiated. Let’s simplify this with a differentiating table.
|Differentiating Parameter||Angular JS||Angular|
|Architecture||It is backed up by an MVC model||This one is backed up with components and directives|
|Mobile App support||Does not cover all the platforms||It encompasses the usage of almost all software platforms.|
|General Management||For bigger projects with complex and big source code.||It is better and easy to manage and code larger projects.|
|Dependency Injection||Not Applicable||Supports at many levels|
10. Explain What is the Difference between Angular and Backbonejs?
|Differentiating Table||Backbone JS||Angular|
|Architecture||In Backbone.js, you can find MVP architecture but it does not allow data binding.||In Angular, the similar aspect is MVC architecture but it also allows two-day data binding for improved application activity.|
|DOM||Backbone.js follows a direct DOM approach where the changes in architecture are made as per DOM.||Angular prime space of working is HTML and as per the changes the redevelopment of DOM takes place.|
|Performance||In tiny data sets or small webpages, Backbone.js offers a substantial speed advantage over Angular.||Angular has comparatively higher efficiency in terms of performance because of two-way data binding.|
|Community Support||Backed up by a great community of developers, there is continuous support on each problem.||Developed by google and the support is impeccable for Angular framework.|
They say Knowledge has no limits and so, that doesn’t mean that this blog will continue. Our effort to make that the angular developers get their dream job comes to an end here. We hope that through this one, we were able to clear all your fundamentals of Angular. We have tried and covered everything that includes the basics, latest version, advantages, latest features and some inevitable component descriptions. This blog on angular interview questions shows clear difference between angular and angular.js and backbone.js. Our last advice to the candidates will be to be confident on what they know and showcase during the interview. Angular is a top-programming language used by many developers and if so, if you want to be one of them, prepare yourself with the best basics and thumb rules.
More interview questions:
Node Js interview questions