Our client is leading Fiji-based provider of airways services across the globe. To cope up with current technological trends, the client decided to update his in-house application which was developed in the older version of the SharePoint with basic features. The legacy application resulted in the client facing multiple issues leading to high loading time, inactive collaboration with internal staff, and a lack of features. Hence, the client decided to develop an application using the latest version of the SharePoint to take the maximum advantage of latest features, assist organizations and staff members in the best possible way and collaborate efficiently.
Key challenges of the project were:
- Conventional and Old application architecture design that is not scalable, maintainable, secure, or high-performing.
- No search facility to fetch search related results automatically, accurately and rapidly
- Unable to modify data that should ideally reflect automatically on the datasets, this needed to be developed using Microsoft Power BI reports.
Tools & Technology
TatvaSoft with its broad SharePoint development experience in catering to different industries has the knack of technology solutions. Our team designed and developed a SharePoint based intranet application that manages documents, photo gallery, video gallery, discussion board, vacancies, KPIs, and details related to services provided by the company. The proposed solution facilitates the user-friendly and responsive UI support for the visibility in browsers, mobile devices and other provided key features of the solution are:
- Installed 3 different SharePoint Farms as per Microsoft Best PracticesSetup, Install, and configuration of the 3 tiers SharePoint Farm (i.e. Production, Staging, and development) as per Microsoft Best Practices
- Installation and configuration of the Office Online ServerFacilitates opening and editing of office documents in browsers without Microsoft Office client applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoints etc.
- Business UnitsMore than 16 different business units such as HR, Information Technology, Inflight Services, Engineering, Links, Airways services, Foreign Services, Sales & Marketing etc have their own site which includes features like private and public document library, discussion board, head of the department, department overview, etc.
- eForms are associated with the workflow approval processDeveloped various eForms like Travel Request Form, Mediclaim form, Leave Request From, etc.
- Knowledge HubsFacilitates the internal knowledge sharing of blogs, events, ideas, opinion etc. Each blog can be sync based on category
- Power BI ReportingDeveloped all types of reports such as Balanced Scorecard Matrices, HR – Overtime budget and Sick leaves, Aircraft Base and Line Maintenance, Finance – Operating Cost Budget vs Actual, Planning – Aircraft availability, Quality Assurance – Audit Compliance, Support Workshops, Tech Materials and Services etc.
- Document CenterMaintains documents like User Guide, Manuals, etc. at a central place for easily accessible
- Social Media IntegrationIntegration with Facebook and Twitter to get feeds from it and embed it into SharePoint.
- Event ManagementPublish recently organized/upcoming events on Portal to encourage people to take participate in it.
- Special Offers/Discounts/VouchersAnnounce the Special offers/Discounts/Vouchers which get benefits to the staff members
- SurveyTake opinions from employees on various activities such as employee satisfaction and varied other provided services, events etc.
Our Client derived multiple benefits by utilizing TatvaSoft’s custom software solution which assisted client with benefits such as
- Well-organized and structured intranet platform for easy access and simpler internal communication
- An effective and efficient way to communicate between business units for sharing data and help them to improve everyday productivity
- Accessibility to various reports after each update and notification regarding the upcoming events and meetings.
- The solution upscaled the teams and individual productivity by integrating multiple KPI with storing, sharing, and fetching capabilities.