Our client is a United Kingdom-based recognized engineering company with longstanding experience in varying business streams of engineering from electrical and energy services industries to the electric vehicle industry and more. They are progressive and are going to be the largest owner-operator of rapid DC charging stations in the UK.
The client’s services have benefitted electric vehicle drivers, the landowners that house the charging units, and ultimately, the UK’s environment by supporting the use of less polluting electric vehicles. The client’s primary goal was to develop their e-Mobile Service Provider platform which will allow them to take ownership of the driver experience and provide the ability to target customers, which will in turn drive the increase in charge station utilization and brand awareness.
It was challenging for the client to develop a solution because of certain critical challenges faced by them such as
- Integration with the ChargePoint, Inc CPO based on the open standard OCPI interface
- Driver Mobile applications for both Android and iOS
- Driver Web Portal
- Fleet Management Portal
- Platform Administration User Interface
- Payment processing mechanism
Tools & Technology
Node • React • Swift • Kotlin • Microsoft VS Code • XCode • Android Studio • PostgreSQL • AWS Cloud
After thoughtful planning and research, the Expert software development team of TatvaSoft outlined a plan to develop a platform considering all the prerequisites of the Client. We developed a solution with all-inclusive functionalities required for an e-Mobility Service Provider. E-Mobility Service Providers offer EV charging services to EV drivers. An EMSP provides access to a variety of charging points around a geographic area. MSPs help EV drivers find charging stations, start charging events and pay with various payment methods.
We developed a platform that delivers the following software components to provide a world-class experience to the drivers for an e-Mobility Service Provider platform. We divided the whole solution into three basic sections:
1. Mobile Application / Web Portal:
2. Platform Administrator
3. Fleet Management Portal:
Our additional Solution Offerings
- Payment scheduler: A scheduler that runs in the mid-night every day to perform the payment transaction for an outstanding balance of credit accounts.
Integration of OCPI Services for the below modules:
Integration with the ChargePoint using OCPI protocol. Define all below mentioned OCPI services to perform synchronization and real-time data, charging progress, authorization with charge stations.
- Support Multiple versions
- Version details
- Negotiate Credentials
- Locations / Charge Stations
- Sessions (Realtime Session)
- CDRs (Charge details records)
- Commands (Start / Stops)
TatvaSoft has been deeply engaged with detailed considerations on the client’s intricacies to provide them with an anticipated solution. With this software solution, the client was able to increase the use of charge stations with easy signup and subscribe to facilities. The client was advantageous to benefits such as
- Easy to use the highly-rated mobile application
- Functionality that charges their electric vehicle
- Financial transactions can be easily performed via a payment service provider relationship owned by the Client.
- Improved brand awareness.