The preference for technology is varying every single day. The technology is selected based on the needs. But there is one technology that is never changing and has become businesses’ first choice of investment. Java appears to be one of the most popular programming language and computing platforms, spanning across web, electronic devices, and servers. To fulfill your needs, your business can either employ Java developers or Hire a Java development company with a knack for developing high-performing Java applications.
Java is an in-demand programming language. It is an object-oriented programming language that is quick, secure, and dependable,’ according to the users. Java is ubiquitous, and user-friendly for all types of devices from laptops to data centers, game consoles to scientific supercomputers, and cell phones to the Internet. It is a challenge for businesses to learn and adapt new languages for their business and hence they choose experts. But there isn’t just one company that you can hire as a Java development company so you need to make a selection.
In this blog, we will highlight all the important points of hiring a Java development company to build reliable applications. We will discuss all the factors that play a dominant role in helping businesses hire the right java developer talent for their business.
1. Why Consider Java Developers to Hire?
Considering the need to hire a java development company has become the need of the hour. Many businesses are turning towards Java development companies because of many in-house development concerns. The World of Java is constantly evolving. So, to cope with technologies, we need to keep in mind the capabilities of Java developers.
A software engineer with years of experience with frameworks may not be the best fit for your position. In the Java environment, the coder must also be knowledgeable about Java tools and libraries and must be able to write clean and readable Java code. If you come across a résumé of a Java developer who knows the language better than the tools and libraries, you should investigate more.
The main reason for hiring Java developers is that without understanding Java libraries, tools, and documentation, a developer will have to start from scratch, wasting time. When compared to a developer who is familiar with Java libraries and frameworks, this is a significant disadvantage. The role of Java developers and their knowledge, experience, talent, and skills will definitely boost business sales. In fact, considering Java developers is favorable for businesses if they wish to take up newer technologies like a cloud or AI and many more.
2. How to Hire a Java Developer for Your Company:
2.1 Start with Sharing Java Development Needs
Before ever considering hiring top Java developers, you must first determine what your application’s requirements are. These specifications should be aligned with your company’s goals to ensure that the final product meets expectations. Processes that will help you improve your application, long-term objectives, specialized features, user requirements, and more are all important considerations.
This is the first step in initiating the development process of these Java applications is to understand the requirement and act accordingly. Once you know what you want to create, the implementation process becomes simpler. But for that, you must know what is suitable for your business. There are numerous options on what type of Java application you want and hence one must know how to categorize it.
2.2 Select the category for Your Java Project
When you want to develop a Java-based application, there are a few necessities, you must know about the development process. Among them, the first is what type of software you want to develop. Every Java application development project is different and has its own set of technological requirements. You might contact an excellent Java Development Company and acquire specialists based on that requirement.
A Java development company can provide a variety of Java projects. Java web development, bespoke Java application development, Java game development, Java product creation, Java system integration, and Java maintenance & support are just a few of the many solutions available.
2.3 Knowledge and Experience in Industry Verticals
A business can be from diversified domains and their needs can be different too. Thus it is ideal for any business to look for a company that can fulfill not just IT industry needs but can relate to the business operations too. So, when you consider a firm takes into account all these parameters.
Before selecting a Java programming firm, you must first understand their industry. You must specify the desired outcomes in the context of Java solutions in order to achieve expected business results. It’s worth noting that practically every firm, regardless of its size or area of business, can benefit from the services of a Java application development company. Your business can also be one if you know who to partner with.
2.4 Ability to Leverage Frameworks and Technologies
Fact, we know that Java as a programming language is used for a variety of application development for all types of devices. Like mobile app development or web application development. The Java Framework has the capability to offer a broad spectrum of development services through tools and frameworks. Some of the essential Java frameworks are JSF, Grails, Strut, Play, Spring, Maven, and more. Hire a Java developer who has knowledge and experience in this technology framework and can use your data and information and develop an app that works for the profitability of your business.
2.5 Choose Right Engagement Model
Examine your project to determine your engagement model. A Java application development business can help you acquire more information on various recruiting models. The following are three of the most regularly used models:
- Dedicated development team: In this type of methodology, the experts have a penchant for technology and can recommend the top team of experienced Java developers that best suits your company’s needs. They assign a team of developers who work round the clock for your business taking into account many aspects of your business domain.
- Fixed Price Model: Businesses are offered a pre-determined value based on the scope of work, technical complexity, and use of various development framework functions in the Fixed pricing model.
- Time and Material based: In this type of software engagement model, you pay for the time the Java development company has invested and the material used during the process. The java developer salaries here are as per the work, time, and materials used.
2.6 Closely Interview the Java Developers
The next step in this complex recruitment process is to hire the right java developers for the business. Rather than hiring a team, choose the great java developer with whom you wish to collaborate. To hire the best java developer, you must interview each Java app developer to ensure that they are competent in technical skills for comprehending your requirements.
These are a few factors and technical skills that need to be taken into consideration while you hire a Java developer.
- Make sure the senior java developer has a thorough understanding of Java core, web technologies, basics of class loading mechanism, MVC, JDBC, Java EE components: Servlets, Java Beans, Java Server Pages, and RESTful services. Also, he/she should have good hands-on OOPS and OODS, Spring MVC, web services, technologies, algorithms, Relational Databases, complex SQL queries, and design patterns.
- Tools: Java developer should specialist in Seam, Hibernate, Android Studio, GradleMaps Store, Spring, ORMLite, Corona SDK, CachingTouch, and Weld, as well as working experience with Spring, ORMLite, Corona SDK, CachingTouch, and Weld.
- Hire Java developers who have familiarity with concepts like EventBus, EJB, and the Android NDK.
You need to align these Java development needs when you decide to hire a java programmer for your in-house services.
2.7 Selecting the Right Methodologies
For software development, the vast majority of professional Java application development enterprises use agile approaches. The correct methodology should be used to minimize the possibility of failure. Before you hire a Java application development company, it’s critical that you examine the products, features, benefits, and drawbacks of each company’s Java application development services.
2.8 Hire the Right Size of the Developers Team for Your Project
When you hire an offshore development team, you have the finest personnel to manage your project. Companies hiring Java developers need to decide the number of team members they’ll need for their project. The employees of the team you’re hiring should be committed to delivering on time while maintaining a high level of quality. There were no more unnecessary delays or interruptions as a result of this.
You might recruit a team of fewer software engineers developers compared to what you need in order to save cost. But instead, recruiting an offshore development company with engineers of higher proficiency is an ideal choice. Your Java developer role will be fulfilled with this option and you won’t have to spend extra for recruitment, training, and infrastructure. The average salary offered to the engineer for the role of Java developer will justify their work and talent.
3. How to Evaluate the Java Skills of the Developer?
While creating your Java developers team, there might be chances that you will end up with some bad candidates, who might have the qualification but not the required skills. In that case, you will end up with loss as you would need time and resources to train them up as you wish them to turn out for your project.
So, to avoid such things it’s better to evaluate them and test their java skills, this way you will find a perfect Java developer. Here we have listed down some of the skill tests that will help you to find a diamond in the rough for your project.
- Core Java Online Test: Evaluate various core Java theories such as Java OOPs, string data approach, Lambda Function, Java 8 –stream, collections, and others.
- Java MCQ Online Test to Determine Java Architect: Quantify skills needed for Java architect roles like annotation, demand mapping, auto wiring, aggregate functions, and so on.
- Java Practical Test to Choose Mid-Level Java Developer: This coding test includes coding difficulties with medium stress levels and can be done to recruit a Mid-level Java developer.
- Advanced Java Online test for Recruiting Experience Developer: This coding test will comprise a high complexity level for coding and can be done to hire senior Java developers.
- Java Full Stack Developer Skill Test: Estimate full-stack Java developer skills such as strings and regular expressions, Burndown chart, demand mapping, models, and more.
- Liferay Online Test: Quantify skills such as Liferay portlet applications, portlet classes, and deployments in portlets.
- RESTful Test: Evaluate skills such as JAX-RS created from REST web services, RESTEasy-based REST web services protection and more.
- Spring Boot Online Test: Employers can evaluate skills such as Spring Boot annotations, Lines, Dependencies, Security & Configuration, and others.
You can also try Code Simulator for assessing the coding style or experience of a candidate. This code simulator is open for 17 various programming languages with basic to high-level problem sets, and one of them is the Java programming language.
4. Different Levels of Java Developers
4.1 Qualifications for a Junior Java Developer
If you are searching for junior Java developers, then they need to have at least 2 years of expertise in object-oriented programming, particularly on Java/J2EE.
An excellent applicant should understand how to create and improve software applications by coding and testing.
4.2 Qualifications for a Middle Java Developer
Middle Java developers need to have over 2 years of experience as that is what every company expects. They need to take control of most tasks without guidance or recognize when it is needed to call other team members for advice.
It is also expected to employ important tech skills to give specs, unit test scripts, and terms. But, their skills are not required to extend to prophesying or projecting future issues or incompetence with the software.
4.3 Qualifications for a Senior Java Developer
When you recruit a senior Java developer, presume them to work slightly more difficult obstacles and work quicker and better than a middle developer.
In the task, such a professional should have comprehensive practical knowledge of Java development and can make important technological choices in the project.
A senior Java developer should have excellent communication abilities, as they require to communicate necessary technical judgments to the team and the project’s stakeholders. The element of their job is to manage and transfer their experience to junior developers.
4.4 Skills to test for a Java Architect role
A Java Architect requires to assure precise implementation of the architecture and concentrate on its global expansion. In this position, great communication skills are needed to implement technical skills in the development team.
A vital part of the job is to interpret the client’s aims and requirements into practical architecture.
Unquestionably, to hire Java developers is a wise choice for an organization and most businesses leveraging Java development are the game-changer in this business. Seeking Hiring Java developers from other countries is becoming more common. The value of such teams to a business accelerates their ability to hire people based on their relevant skills while lowering in-house management expenditures. The team consists of everyone from project managers, developers, and testers to test applications timely and other needed resources. Essential java developer skills and their knowledge is incomparable.
Offshore development has grown in strength, and it shows no signs of slowing down any time soon. Although there have been hurdles, outsourcing organizations have overcome them and become stronger as a result. Your business can also be one in this league.