Frameworks play a very vital role in the web development space. They not just boost web efficiency or performance but offer a consistent structure so web developers no longer require to rebuild code from the scratch. And since you have a plethora of options around (the best ones) choosing the right or an ideal one according to your requirements can be pretty daunting. Now there is one option which you can never go wrong with. Yes, I am talking about none other than an open-source front-end web application, Angular framework! The following post focuses on what is Angular, why use Angular and why more and more businesses are found trending towards Angular best practices?
Table of Content
1. About Angular Framework – An Overview!
Moving on! Let us go through several versions of Angular.
- Angularjs – The first and foremost version in 2009 had gained admiration and known for creating single-page applications spas.
- Angular 2 – 2016, supported by Google came Angular 2.
- Angular 4 – With its inception in 2017, Angular 4 is backward compatible with the previous version. It came with an improved view-engine and code-generation reductions. The Angular 4.3 came in July 2017. It featured HttpClient to provide a smaller and easier-to-use library for making HTTP requests.
- Angular 5 – This one incorporates support for Progressive web apps, build optimizer, improved material design, etc. Again in 2017.
- With Angular 6, web developers could focus on a toolchain that makes it way easier to mitigate all the applications.
- Angular 7.0 focuses on improving application performance. here is also visual improvements in Angular Material Design and CDK (Component Dev Kit) such as Virtual Scrolling, Improved Accessibility of Selects, etc. Angular 7.1 mainly focused on bug fixes and router capabilities. And the current version- Angular 7.2 -released in January 2019. It improved the core framework by enhancing router capabilities and integrating Bazel (a tool used to build and test software) support.
1.1 Key Features of Angular
- Two-way Binding – This two-way data binding feature ensures that there is a seamless synchronization attached between both the model and the view. You can see a change in view as soon as data in the model changes. And the model reflects change as soon as the data in view changes. This means you can update both model and view in real-time.
- Dependency Injection – Dependency Injection (DI) is one such feature that deals with how components get hold of their dependencies. With the dependency injection, you can describe (in a declarative manner) how your application is wired. Including the main()method in coding sometimes becomes difficult to maintain, but with DI, your applications don’t need the **main() **method. DI is a core feature of AngularJS that can replace any components that don’t fit the user’s needs.
- Document Object Model – Document Object Model treats an XML or HTML document as a tree structure in which each node represents a part of the document. The angular framework uses regular DOM. Consider that ten updates are made on the same HTML page. So what happens is instead of you re-updating the ones again, Angular will update the entire tree structure of HTML tags.
- Test – By using the Jasmine testing framework, Angular provides numerous functionalities to write different kinds of test cases. Karma is the task-runner for the tests that uses a configuration file to set the start-up, reporters, and testing framework.
The guardian, Paypal, JetBlue, Lego, Upwork, Netflix, freelancer are some of the most popular apps developed using Angular. Further below I would like to mention a few crucial reasons stating why you must consider angular for your upcoming web development project.
2. Popular Reasons to Choose Angular as Your Framework
2.1 Ease of Use
Like I said before, the app development framework comprises a real DOM since the beginning (from the Angularjs development era). This means it has always been suitable for creating single-page applications. From the developer perspective, the learning curve is simple and easy, but they can modify content from the business perspective whenever they want. Also, the MVC architecture allows seamless testing and development of web and mobile apps.
2.2 Seamless Community Support
Another intimidating feature offered by Angularjs now known as Angular is, it has great community support. Here you will find a bunch of active developers who are ready to solve all your doubt and queries, as well as help budding developers, implement their solutions into web applications.
Unlike other software engineers, these ones carry pure expertise in making improvements with the open-source framework. Here you might find regular conferences and forums being conducted from all over the world emphasizing the latest developments of the framework. Hence if you are looking for reliable angular development service providers, you will never fall short of options.
2.3 Two-way Data Binding
As I mentioned above two-way data binding is a process done to replicate all changes in the template. All this happens in a safe, quick and intuitive manner. Which is the plus point, itself!
2.4 Deployment Speed
Angular is no longer a small name, due to which the framework builders require to update it in such a way that it can perform multiple tasks such as developing and optimizing the development project at the same time. And chances are pretty high of this one becoming the most daunting platform for overall implementation.
Since Angular is enriched with multiple features, developers may use a single command for the deployment of an integral bundled package to any static host.
2.5 Data Security
Security has been a major concern as long as data is concerned. Especially when it comes to the transformation of the new technological framework, security is very critical. Angular plays a very critical role in data security as the organization’s overall data distribution is more centric on data security in the Angular context. You can check here for general data protection regulation.
2.6 Compatibility of Angular
Mobile and smartphones have become the new normal! As a result, businesses are considering conducting web development in such a way that it can be fully optimized for mobile devices. The website should work the same on mobile as on desktop. For that, you have instant mobile app support. This feature of Angular ensures getting high ranks on search engines like Google.
2.7 Code Consistency
Web developers most of the time prefer to write code that is simple yet powerful. Angular supports MVC (Model View Controller) architecture. The code needs to be split by the developer into the MVC framework and the rest is taken care of by the Angular framework.
- Progressive Web Apps – The developers can use this modern platform to deliver app-like experiences with zero-step installation and high-quality performance.
- Build Native – It is easy to build native mobile apps with strategies from Ionic, Cordova, or NativeScript.
- Desktop App: By using native OS APIs, the developers can create Desktop-Installed apps for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
So this is it! This is our popular, dynamic, and most adaptable Angular tech used in the development space. The overall popular reason is, it is fast, time-saving and it’s adaptability to technological advancements. So keep watching the space to get a better perspective regarding the same!