Node.js is a framework that can be used on both the client as well as server sides of web development projects because they are highly efficient and convenient. You as a business should ideally take benefits from a Node.js development service provider to leverage the best of Node.js framework. Thus in this blog, we are going to talk about 15 types of Node js frameworks.
Table of Content
1. What are Node.js Frameworks?
Some of the most popular names in Node.js framework are Express.Js, Meteor.js, Nest.js, Koa and more. In the next section we will be analyzing what makes Node.js different from others in the league.
2. What Makes Node.js Different From Others?
- Node js code (writing) is simple and straightforward.
- It has a huge open-source library ecosystem.
- It is also ideal for rapid prototyping and agile web app development.
- You can use it to accelerate the development speed of enterprise-scale applications.
3. Top Node JS Frameworks to Use in 2022.
3.1 Express JS
Express.js tops the list of the finest Node.js frameworks. k. It enables the developers to write code with more flexibility and freedom to modify the application’s look and feel, making it one of the innovative Node.js frameworks. For single-page web applications, websites, or public HTTP APIs Express.js is an excellent solution. Express.js can be used for all types of applications which include Single Page Applications, Multi-Page Applications and Hybrid Applications. It is also one of the most classic and straightforward frameworks that provides incredible support.
Advantages of using Express JS
- For developers who are already familiar with Node.js, it provides seamless data integration and has a simple learning curve.
- Provides a comprehensive, scalable, and fully customizable URL-based routing method that uses HTTP in Microsoft Windows devices.
- Supports a variety of plugins and extensions in distributed devices.
- MVCs (model view controller/s) create centered applications, and support 14+ template engines.
3.2 Meteor JS
It’s a framework for combining Node.js with any frontend framework including Angular, React, and even Blaze. The default database used in this one for connection is MongoDB. Meteor.js is a full-stack framework for Node.js that allows developers to create real-time online and mobile apps. To ensure perfect operations, it leverages a single API for both the front-end and back-end development processes.
If Express.js is compared to Meteor.js, it is regarded as one of the top Node.js frameworks because it provides a robust web application development process.
Advantages of using Meteor JS
- Meteor JS employs the same code support for different devices and it also improves the software development company’s efficiency.
- Performance is at its peak when it comes to Meteor JS.
- Reduces the need for coding in online and mobile applications.
Some of the Notable features of Meteor JS are
- It’s an excellent platform to develop applications because it doesn’t require separate code as everything is part of a single code base that communicates smoothly.
- It’s simple to integrate with different programming languages like Angular, React, Vue, and others.
- Zero configuration build tools provide code splitting and dynamic imports.
- Meteor methods for defining server-side functionality on the server and then calling the methods directly from the client-side without having to engage with a secret API.
3.3 Hapi JS
Hapi is an open-source framework that is based on a commercial server for developing web applications. It provides excellent development support for a large team, particularly for that one who manages numerous tasks at the same time. Hapi also has a robust set of security features for web development.
As a result, many developers use this framework to create proxy servers, REST APIs, and desktop apps. Unlike other languages, you can use it for specific tasks.
It is an open-source Node JS framework for constructing JSON APIs, that is both powerful and robust. The well-developed plugin architecture and several critical features like input validation, implement caching, configuration-based functionality, error handling, logging, and more make the Hapi one of the most favored frameworks.
Benefits of Using Hapi JS
- Provides an excellent platform for large and distributed teams.
- Significant support for reusable components as well as incredible plugins.
- It has no external dependencies and is utmost secure.
- A large number of built-in plugins are available.
- Contains integrated architecture and the node js APIs (also compatible for rest API) are also authentic.
3.4 Koa JS
.Benefits of Using Koa JS
- Allows for a lot of app customization.
- ES6 Generator is included, which helps developers to avoid using callbacks.
- It has a lightweight framework that helps the app run faster.
- It simplifies the development of complicated web applications by providing a modular architecture.
3.5 Total JS
Total js was founded in 2013 and from that point of time,Total JS has made its way to this list of top Nodejs frameworks. Node.js framework that supports the MVC architecture pattern and is modular and modern.This framework is fully compatible with client-side frameworks such as Angular.js, Polymer, Backbone.js, and Bootstrap.This framework is asynchronous and extensible with excellent performance and stability. It is not necessary to use any tools such as Grunt, to compress it. It also supports the array and other prototypes and has NoSql embedded in it.
You can see this framework is available for different versions like CMS, Helpdesk and eShop. Also this framework supports all new-edge technologies like IOT, Rest service and high-performing applications. This framework comes with reasonable cost and high maintenance service.
Some of the Key features are
- Support and bug fixes in a timely manner
- RESTful routing, video streaming, and themes are all supported.
- Supports Sitemaps and WebSockets
- It supports almost all types of Localization and CSV exports
3.6 Sails JS
Sails.js is yet another Node.js MVC framework that adheres to the “convention over configuration” approach. It’s based on Express and uses the same MVC architecture as Ruby on Rails. It differs from Ruby on Rails in supporting a more current, data-driven approach to API and web app development. It was inspired by the Ruby on Rails web framework, which uses the MVC paradigm to create single-page apps, REST APIs, and real-time programmes.
Benefits of using Sails JS
- There are auto-generated REST APIs which makes it easy and the process smarter
- The integration with WebSocket is simple so you don’t have to spend time in integration.
- Any popular frontend – Angular, Android, React, iOS, Windows, or any bespoke hardware is supported.
- It also supports real-time functionality which can be helpful for creating chat room applications.
3.7 Nest JS
Nest JS is a Node.js framework that helps developers build modular, highly scalable and maintainable server-side web applications. Nest.js is a server-side app framework that helps developers to be more productive. Developers use the Node.js framework to better organize and structure their code. It is extensible and implements the MVC (Model-View-Controller) pattern. Nest JS’s native support for TypeScript is a standout feature, allowing you to take use of optional static type-checking, robust tools for huge apps and the most up-to-date ECMAScript capabilities.
Nest.js’s Key Features
- It’s simple to extend and it can work with different libraries.
- Object-Oriented Programming, Functional Programming, and Functional Reactive Programming are all combined in this language.
- The framework’s API is exposed, allowing developers to leverage the many third-party modules that each platform has to offer.
- It comes with comprehensive and up-to-date documentation.
- Socket.io is extremely friendly, aids in auto-correction and anomaly detection among other things.
- It assists developers in establishing a bidirectional data flow between the server and the web.
- It helps developers feed clear streams from the server to multiple browsers.
You can create a full-stack web app using services and hooks provided by the platform. Complex applications can be simplified and development time be reduced to a great extent using Feather.
Features of Feathers.js
- By combining services and hooks, FeathersJS enables developers to create full-stack web applications and hooks can be used for special purposes.
- REST APIs are now commonly used by web developers to make applications communicate with third-party applications and services. REST API also allows developers to send requests and receive responses using the HTTP protocol.
- FeathersJS allows developers to use both relational and non-relational databases. The framework’s service adapters make it easier for developers to connect to multiple databases, query them using a single interface and swap databases.
LoopBack is a Node.js framework with a dynamic API explorer and an easy-to-use command line interface. It is also an open-source Node.js framework that connects Node.js with HTML5, iOS and Android APIs that are already using the existing modules. Loopback.js enables you to create models based on your schema or dynamic models if you don’t have one. The loopback is set to work with a large number of REST API services as well as a wide range of databases. Applications can also use LoopBack if they want to record data, upload files, send emails, send push notifications, register users and query databases.
Features of Loopback
- The applications built using Loopback also support databases like SQL or NoSQL and allows web applications to be converted to mobile apps, software to be run locally or in the cloud and push notification settings to be changed.
- Loopback offers a plethora of built-in functionality, it can be for a simple project with a predefined functionality.
- There is consistent support which is also available on the platform’s developer was acquired by IBM and now it is supported by its official team.
- In loopback, a separate JSON file contains the code that defines the relationships between different elements and their models.
- Loopback can also help in building highly extensible client APIs that are made with clean codes and modular structures.
Adonis.js is a completely new Node.js framework used for building microservices for any application. This newer Node.js framework is created using several packages that run the application’s server side. Since Adonis.js is heavily influenced by Laravel, developers who have worked with this PHP framework may have the easiest time transitioning.
When you start using Adonis.js, you won’t be working with the conventional runtime syntax like we have for Node.js. This is because the framework provides a lot of abstraction over Node.js.
Adonis is a node.js framework with a hardcore MVC structure, which is a design pattern that divides different functionalities into different sections of an application. Adonis employs the user-friendly edge template engine.
Features of Adonis.js
- While using Adonis.js, you can easily do folder organization and folder structure that makes it easy for users to stay organized.
- A dedicated validation provider comes with AdonisJs, making it simple to validate user input.
- Databases like MariaDB and MySQL are well-supported by Lucid ORM AdonisJs.
- AdonisJs includes tools to protect websites from common web attacks, such as cross-site forgery protection.
- AdonisJS has identified issues with manual testing and allows developers to write functional unit tests to test their web applications.
Derby.js is a Node.js based full-stack web application development framework. It employs the MVC architecture and a simple coding structure. There are businesses making good use of derby because it allows them to use the same code to run on Node.js (server) and the browser. There is a racer engine used for the functioning of applications. Derby is an excellent choice for developing real-time apps. As a result, you won’t have to write separate code for the view part.
This Racer engine is used to provide synchronization in real time between the user, the database, and the interface of the application. When you use Derby as a framework, it also enables developers to write multi-user applications offline using a simplified scripting facility.
Popularly, Derby.js can help you reduce content delivery delays by rendering client-side views on the server. This improves the user experience while also making the app SEO friendly.
Features of Derby.js
- It helps developers in collaborating in real time by offering seamless development for applications. It also provides simpler and easy server rendering with component data binding of necessary applications.
When you want to use a combination of Angular 6, Node, Express and Mango, you can use all of them using MEAN. It is a combination of all of these working together. This qualifies it as an open-source technology. It enables software developers to create applications that are both powerful and manageable. This results in developers increasingly turning to Mean Stack JS.
Features of Mean Stack
- This goes unsaid that all the features of Angular, Node and Express will be combinedly used in MEAN.
- Developers don’t have to worry about additional components because it’s a development stack.
- By implementing functionalities, reaps the benefits of cloud compatibility or cloud services.
- Provides real-time changes to applications, even if they are still in development.
Keystone is a node js web scraping framework. This framework was built on the fundamentals of Express.js and MongoDB. Keystone is a framework that is reliable, efficient and capable of developing all types of database-driven apps, websites, and APIs.
Features of Keystone.js
- Keystone.js works with a wide range of other programs and frameworks, including WCF, NET, and ASP.
- This allows you to simply handle data by integrating with online platforms such as Google, Mandrill and so on.
- Irrespective of the device, it allows for consistent tracking of development progress.
If you have heard of a headless CMS framework, this is it. Strapi.io is the one who has been on the top of this list. It is an open-source framework that can manage and distribute a variety of content online. When you use this framework, it aims to provide your applications and websites a well-organized, well-planned and modular structure.
The admin panel and API can both be customized with ease. You can add both front-end application’s as well as back-end with Strapi. When you use Strapi, it will eliminate the need for you to learn a framework like Express, because its API is capable of managing the majority of the backend work and processes.
This includes custom UIs to manage your content easily and on-the-fly you can add GraphQL and REST endpoints, user management and a separate plugin interface that you can extend. Strapi is extremely compatible and integrable, hence it works with almost any language, framework or front-end library and is completely framework-agnostic.
Features of Strapi.io
- It has a broad control panel for content management that is very simple to use and is quite effective.
- Strapi also allows authentication, authorization management, and other API generators that will help all be built-in to every project.
- It is also easily customizable, allowing your software developers to develop apps with their own plugins.
- You have an infinite number of ways to connect to your apps and they can be used as microservices.
4. The Bottom Line
After this holistic blog on multiple types of Node.js Framework, we have understood the diversified capability of Node.js as a framework. This shows the growth of the web and mobile applications. Node.js framework has multiple options when it comes to selecting a framework from the lot. We hope with continuously evolving technologies, these frameworks help you to scrutinize your project needs and resources by choosing the right framework that works best for them and delivers the estimated results. With this information in hand, you can confidently choose from one of these Node.js frameworks that fit your present and future needs too.