Choosing the right tech stack has become what businesses are found craving for. After all, one right decision will help you in increasing your app’s performance and reducing the wastage of time.
Several renowned companies are found using Vue.js like Facebook, BMW, EuroNews, Adobe, Upwork, Netflix, and the list goes on. You never know, maybe after reading the post, your company name might get added to the list. So without any further ado, let’s get started!
Table of Content
- Define Vue js
- How is Vue js Beneficial For Building User Interfaces?
- Tips to Consider to Become a Better Version of Vue Developer
1. Define Vue js
Before building Vue.js, Evan used to work on Angular projects for Google. So eventually, he got an idea of developing such a framework that serves in every manner and that’s how Vue was created. So let me bifurcate this for you! From Angular template syntax was picked whereas from React the two-way binding feature, the component approach was kept in mind while developing Vue.
2. How is Vue js Beneficial For Building User Interfaces?
There are certain advantages of using Vue.js,
2.2 Easy to Learn
The overall idea is to enable developers to perform the least coding lines and achieve unmatched results. Most software developers agree with the fact that you don’t have to be a pro to understand the technology.
2.3 Simple Integration
It may quite interest you to know that developers these days can easily integrate Vue.js into other frameworks. For example, they can easily integrate Vue with React or Angular and customize the project according to their respective requirements.
2.5 Customizable and Incrementally Adoptable
No users would prefer exploring such a framework that wouldn’t allow them proper customization. And that’s the reason Vue.js stands out from the rest. All functions can be accessed easily. The fun part here is developers can name the function so that they can recall them easily. Along with this Vue is also designed to be very much adaptable to the project needs.
2.6 Virtual DOM Performance and Rendering
Other interesting Vue components include virtual DOM Performance and rendering. Now when you happen to conduct declarative rendering, chances are pretty much that you might run into a DOM or a Document Object Model. This model in particular represents the HTML pages with all styles, page content, and elements as objects which are stored as a tree structure, and during page loading, they are generated by the browser.
When Vue instances of user interaction take place with the page, the objects tend to change their own state and the browser is responsible for updating the info changes and rendering it on the display. The only problem with this is that updating the entire DOM can be a cumbersome process.
So to improve the process, Vue.js makes use of virtual DOM, a copy of the website’s original DOM is created so that an adequate amount of changes can be made without rendering the entire DOM. This makes app development quick and also enhances overall performance. All this results in better performance and enhanced speed. And maybe that’s the reason why developers prefer Vue as an ideal framework. In this respect, Vue.js has managed to climb among the best, giving both Angular, React, and Vanilla.js a run for their money. It is a serious contender and new versions, updates, and improvements can predict an even better trajectory.
However, keep in mind that in real-life situations, the core of the performance is based on code optimization and overall quality.
2.7 Two-Way Binding
Another interesting vue component is the two-way binding or DOM manipulation benefit. Vue inherited this feature from Angular. It basically describes the connection between model data updates and the view (UI), with bound components containing data that you can update from time to time.
With two-way data binding, updating related components and tracking data updates in general, becomes easier.
Bound data receives reactive updates in Vue just like DOM objects. This feature makes the framework ideal for applications with real-time updates. Regarding development, this reactive nature can make updating data more streamlined and easier.
2.8 Readability and Single-File Components
Mostly used in CBA, Component-Based Architecture, Application code-splitting is an approach that turns out to be key contenders of React and Angular.
An architecture with traits like this also means a couple of benefits:
- Reusable Components – the encapsulated components can be commonly referred to as code chunks that developers can reuse as templates for similar elements.
- Great Unit-testing – the testing process is configured as a QA activity that checks how the smallest parts perform in the app on their own. The component-based approach greatly simplifies this process.
- Code Reading – Every component is stored in separate files (with each component being a single file), making code readability a lot easier. It’s easy to maintain.
3. Tips to Consider to Become a Better Version of Vue Developer
Since we are pretty much done with technical aspects. However, this is not it, when you dig a bit deeper you will find several interesting terms such as declaratively render data, string template, attach event listeners, view layers, state management, and so forth while creating a single page application.
Well, you might have begun using Vue out of curiosity with no agenda of turning back. Well, further below find out some tips that might assist you well in becoming a better Vue developer.
- Many professionals encounter multiple routes to resolve in the same Vue component. Well, the issue is Vue reuses the same components and it does not create new ones. So no matter what nothing will change. All you need to do is add a :key property onto your <router-view> element – which is likely in your App.vue file. Soon you will be able to recognize the difference in the page.
- Another tip to consider is to validate your props. In fact, this one is also listed as a “Priority A: Essential” style rule on the VueJS official style guide. Apart from this, let’s say you have a coworker who is working on the same project. Now how would he know? so it is advisable to make things clear right from the beginning
- The last one, if you really want to excel as a Vue developer just try knowing different component options, and not just that, also learn when to use them, and more importantly, why to use them.
Knowing the advantages of Vue can make you have the upper hand over your teammates. Keep watching the space for more information and updates on Vuejs.