The following post emphasizes what is Vue.js and how is it beneficial for your upcoming web development project. In fact, recently we came across a post on vue best practices 2021. It says they have curated some of the evolving best practices, stating how it can design single-page applications.
On that note, we would also like to state the fact that several popular companies are using Vue.js. Companies like Facebook, BMW, EuroNews, Adobe, Facebook, Upwork, Netflix, and the list goes on. You never know maybe after reading the post, your company name might add to the list. So without any further ado, let’s get started!
Table of Content
- Define Vue js
- How is Vue js Beneficial For Building User Interfaces?
- Tips to Consider to Become a Better Version of Vue Developer
1. Define Vue js
Before building Vue.js, Evan You was working at Google. Inc and worked on Angular based projects. So eventually, he came up with the idea of building his own framework. He picked the best parts of Angular, like template syntax, easy to use, and picked the best parts of React as well, like two-way data binding, the concept of props, component-based approach, and combined them to make a new framework Vue.js better than both of them.
2. How is Vue js Beneficial For Building User Interfaces?
There are certain advantages of using Vue.js, which should encourage developers to use it in their projects.
2.2 Easy to Learn
The overall idea of creating Vue.js is to enable developers to achieve amazing results with as little effort as possible. Most software developers agree that VueJS does not require heavy learning. In fact, it is easy to pick up and integrates easily with other libraries.
The team behind VueJS has also released some really handy browser extensions for their framework that increase usability. Chrome and Firefox both support these tools.
2.3 Simple Integration
It may quite interest you to know that developers these days can easily integrate Vue.js into other frameworks such as React enabling them to customize the project according to their respective requirements.
No users would prefer exploring such a framework that wouldn’t allow them proper customization. And that’s the reason Vue.js stands out from the rest. The tool turns out to be great for developers because all of its functions are readily accessible. For ease of use, developers can easily name the function as they like. Every segment can have separate functions, which makes it easier to customize the application according to individual requirements.
And we must say the support for the framework is pretty impressive. In fact, a few years back more than 1,400 issues were resolved on GitHub with an average time of fewer than 13 hours. In fact, more than 6,200 problems were resolved with an average resolution time of only six hours. To support the community, there are consistent release cycles of updated information. In addition, the community continues to grow and evolve with the backend support of developers.
2.6 Virtual DOM Performance and Rendering
Other interesting Vue components include Virtual DOM Performance and rendering. Now when you happen to conduct declarative rendering, chances are pretty much that you might run into a DOM or a Document Object Model. This model in particular represents the HTML pages with all styles, page content, and elements as objects which are stored as a tree structure and during page loading, they are generated by the browser.
When Vue instance of user interaction take place with the page, the objects tend to change their own state and the browser is responsible for updating the info changes and also, render it on the display. The only problem with this is that updating the entire DOM can be a cumbersome process.
So to improve the process, Vue.js makes use of virtual DOM, a copy of the website’s original DOM, that the framework uses for figuring out element updates without having to render the entire DOM, thus improving app performance and making page rendering rather quick.
All this results in better performance and enhanced speed. And maybe that’s the reason why developers prefer Vue as an ideal framework. In this respect, Vue.js has managed to climb among the best, giving both Angular, React, and Vanilla.js a run for their money. It is a serious contender and new versions, updates, and improvements can predict an even better trajectory.
However, keep in mind that in real-life situations, the core of the performance is based on code optimization and overall quality.
2.7 Two-Way Binding
Another interesting vue component is the two-way binding or DOM manipulation benefit. Vue inherited this feature from Angular. It basically describes the connection between model data updates and the view (UI), with bound components containing data that you can update from time to time.
With two-way data binding, updating related components and tracking data updates in general, becomes easier.
Bound data receives reactive updates in Vue just like DOM objects. This feature makes the framework ideal for applications with real-time updates. Regarding development, this reactive nature can make updating data more streamlined and easier.
2.8 Readability and Single-File Components
Mostly used in CBA, Component-Based Architecture, Application code-splitting is an approach that turns out to be key contenders of React and Angular.
An architecture with traits like this also means a couple of benefits:
- Reusable Components – the encapsulated components can be referred to as code chunks that developers can reuse as templates for similar elements.
- Great Unit-testing – the testing process is configured as a QA activity that checks how the smallest parts perform in the app on their own. The component-based approach greatly simplifies this process.
- Code Reading – Every component is stored in separate files (with each component being a single file), making code readability a lot easier. This feature makes the application easier to maintain and can take a lot of guesswork out of troubleshooting.
3. Tips to Consider to Become a Better Version of Vue Developer
Since we are pretty much done with technical aspects. However, this is not it, we are sure if you dig a bit deeper you will find several interesting terms such as declaratively render data, string template, attach event listeners, view layers, state management, and so forth while creating a single page application.
Now, many of you who might have begun using Vue out of curiosity but few years down the line they just loved it with no agenda of turning back. Well, further below we would like to mention certain tips that might assist you well in becoming a better Vue developer.
- Many professionals encounter multiple routes to resolve the same Vue component. Well, the issue is Vue tends to optimize your app and reuses existing components instead of creating new ones. So if you try to switch between routes that use the same component, nothing will change. All you need to do is add a :key property onto your <router-view> element – which is likely in your App.vue file. This will help your router recognize when the page is different.
- Another tip to consider is to validate your props. In fact, this one is also listed as a “Priority A: Essential” style rule on the VueJS official style guide. More or less, this one saves future you from current you. When designing a large scale project, it’s easy to forget exactly the exact format, type, and other conventions you used for a prop. And if you’re in a larger dev team, your coworkers aren’t mind-readers so make it clear to them how to use your components! So save everyone the hassle of having to painstakingly trace your component to determine a prop’s formatting and please just write prop validations.
- The last one, if you really want to excel as a Vue developer just try knowing different component options, when to use them, and why to use them. Eventually, you will!
These are some of the essential tips regarding Vue JS. Using the advantages that Vue JS provides and creating an efficient business model may ensure your success in the aspect of programming.